1. I need lists. You know why? Because otherwise I’ll plan a shopping trip, get to the store, and have no clue why I’m there. Luckily this week I remembered this before I went to the store I’d planned to go to on Tuesday– nice because Moscow is a large city and to get good prices you have to travel.
2. I need lists for things like Quick Takes because after posting last week, and mentioning how I’d saved up some, etc., I realised I hadn’t remembered more than one of the things I’d planned to mention. Do I remember them now? Er….
3. I remember this one! Anyone else gotten some funny suggestions from Facebook? It’s been trying to tell me how to treat people I know… of course, not every FB friend is, in fact, a person…
Do you think the Pope would mind if I scribbled my affection on the side of St. Peter’s? … Really? Darn. Guess I’ll just have to keep going to Mass and praying to Jesus.
4. I was thinking about my recent preponderance on food on this blog… it’s very strange, because I don’t actually eat tons.. I tend towards one actual meal and then fruit or bread or what have you. I think it’s because I actually completely love preparing food for a group… especially one in which my very basic cooking skills look good by comparison. Have to make some things a bit more obviously good for you… I love making veggie soups but for a 50 minute metro ride to a friend’s, not so much.
5. I have gotten the Moscow Bargain Hunter seal of approval from my local manager and other teachers. A teacher from Brooklyn but of Russian descent (and now Russian marriage, speaks fluently, etc.) recommended this place as similar to a TJ Maxx and thank goodness she was right– a friend and I went and we did very well. We did so well, in fact, that most people have been double-checking that they’re not used… no, they’re just past season. Score one for the bargain-ator; this city is pricey.
6. Speaking of other human beings… amazing what a concerted effort towards NOT being a hermit will do for one’s social life. I don’t dislike other people- actually, I LOVE people. I just have this natural proclivity for avoiding them like the plague for reasons unbeknownst even to me. The food and people love are coming together, though- a group of us are getting together on Sundays.
7. And a serious one… if you haven’t seen my reflections on that Ten Prayers book, do check them out (Sage Sayings: World Record Sinners; Outdo Me, Lord; Upping the Ante; listed in chronological order as well as order of increasing awesomeness). I think the prayer about asking God to use one as an instrument… well, let’s just say it’s more evidence that the book is on target, because I think God has been using me as such the last couple weeks. I sure hope so anyway!
alright… that’s it… gack 15 minutes to dress and get the heck out of dodge… bye!